Sunday, August 27, 2006

My visit to a "real" bead store

On Friday I had to drive to a conference 2.5 hours away. So I woke up at 5am and left at 5:30 to get to the conference at 8. Unfortunately, I didn't account for 1. stopping for breakfast and putting gas in and 2. the winding, twisting, turning, poorly marked roads to get to the Resort for the convention. But I did finally get there at 8:15am which is earlier than I thought I would be.

The conference ended early and I was able to go to my first real bead store, Turtle Island Beads. I spent an hour and a half wandering aimlessly around, touching, picking up, putting down, picking up some more stuff. It was wonderful. And especially because I didn't have my hubby and son waiting in the vehicle for me. It was pure heaven.

I didn't leave with alot, but it sure was fun!!

No comments: