Monday, August 21, 2006

OK...It's harder then I thought it would be!

So in my last post, I mentioned that I would like to use the woven ring technique to wrap a cab and make a pendant. It turns out it's not as easy as I thought it would be. When the strip is wrapped around the cab, and the ends meet that is 20 single pieces of wire meeting. In order to keep it tight around the cab, I tried to bend the wires over an opposite wire. Then I tried braiding each side to make the bail. but then it was difficult to end the wires with so many ends going so many different ways.

So then I asked myself, why do I want to make a new way to wrap a cab? I don't need to worry about this. So I think I'm just going to keep on making these rings and worry about other types of cab wraps later.

Thanks for stopping by!! Marge

No comments: