Thursday, February 12, 2009

A neat way to showcase yourself & others!

I've been spending some time on a new website called Made by Hand.by Me. The site describes itself as: Handmade items, handmade artisans, handmade code, handmade friendships. This is the revolution of the handmade playground. It starts with a simple guy, Adam, also known on etsy and artfire as infivision. He decided he wanted a better social community to promote handmade...he developed http://byhand.me... Here's a run down of what you can expect from the site:

* Artisan Directory* Spotlights* Forums* Member Blogs* Social Networking* Chat* Private Messaging* RSS Feeds* And more..


One of the fun places on this site is the Spotlights. It is like a treasury on etsy, but you don't have to wait for it to open up. And by copying some code, you can directly add the spotlight to your blog or other places.

Here is my first Spotlight called: Little Brown Birds for My Little Brown Nest The center ring is from my studio and the rest look like they belong to my little nest. :-) Have fun looking!!

2 comments:

Seedplanter said...

Saw your link on Twitter and followed it here. Thanks! I will be opening up a shop at Etsy soon and am also looking at ArtFire and now this. Thanks for the info!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check it out, though I fear one more place for me to learn my way around might put me over. lol

Good post.
Thanks
Sandy