Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Creatively Displaying Bookmarks at a Fair

So I've been trying to come up with a creative way to display my bookmarks. Also to ship them when I sell on etsy. I debated about:
1. wrapping them around something.
2. Send them in bubble wrap.
3. loose in an envelop
4. connected to a business card.

None of these ideas seemed right, and I decided in fact they were pretty lame. So I did some googling for box templates. One of the first sites I found was: http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/templates.htm

They ahve some templates you can print out and use. I first looked at an icicle treat holder, but the bottom was empty, and I didn't like the idea of a tale sticking out. Then I found a diagram for a chopstick holder. I printed the template, worked on some modifications and found it to be almost perfect.

I have some leftover 8" x 8" scrapbook pages with designs on both sides. I took these and folded up a bunch of them to use for my current bookmarks I have listed on etsy. The only thing left to do is to figure out how to label them.

I also have to think about what I will do at a show if someone wants to take it out and look at the whole bookmark. That could get tedious replacing a lot of bookmarks back into their holders. But I will have to think about that for a bit.

If you read this, let me know how you think it looks. Thanks a lot for visiting!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: