Thursday, August 21, 2008

Does Promoting your Blog = Promoting your Etsy Shop?

So, I've been wondering if promoting my blog will equal additional traffic to my etsy shop. The reason I've wondered is mainly because of this Location, Location, Location post on the Etsy Forums. Schoollocker.etsy.com compiled a list of all the different locations people can make their presence known on the internet when it comes to their artistry and shop. (Thank you schoollocker, by the way, that was some undertaking!)

I have pasted the list into an excel spreadsheet, so I can track where I am registered with, and there are 144 different websites an artist could possibly be found on. That's a lot of websites!

If a person could be found on even a small number of these sites, how much would it increase their traffic to their shops. I'm not sure, but I'm hoping the places I'm located on will help my future sales.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is good information. I just opened my etsy shop. cutiebootycakes.etsy.com

I really don't know much about etsy as you know but I figure it is another place to showcase my cakes. Any suggestions you have are more than welcome!