Monday, January 31, 2011

I LOVE Google Reader

Do you have Gmail? Do you read a lot of Blogs? Do you use Google Reader? If you answered yes to question 1 & 2, why not question 3. I recently started to use Google Reader to keep track of the different blogs I read. I would randomly read from blog to blog but not keep track. Then if I wanted to read more of a certain blog I could never find it.

Along comes Google Reader. I know it's not new, but it was new to me. It is simple to use, and keeps track of all the blogs I want to read.

Now I will show you how to get started using Google Reader. There may be a different/easier way to do this, but this is how I do it and it will atleast get you started.

1. Do you use Gmail for your email? For my demonstration, you will need to.
2. When you find a blog you like to read, do you see this button? Click on the pictures to see it better.

3. Click on the button that says Subscribe to: Posts. This will open up.

4. Click on Add to Google. This will open up.

You can add to your Google homepage or to Reader. I prefer Reader.

5. Then when you are signed into your gmail account. On the top left, you will see your list of Google items.


You may have to click on more to see Reader. Once you click on it, your blog reader will show up and you will see the posts from the blogs you have entered.


6. If you know the address of the blog you can click Add Subscription and type in the url.



As bloggers post, it will be included on your reader. I hope you found this helpful.

No comments: