Saturday, June 4, 2011

The kiln load and unload

My new/used kiln was finally started last week. I did a bisque load and a glaze load and I'm really happy with how they turned out. I have already learned a lot and am making and drying some more of the successes for my next load. ;-)

Here is a photo of the first bisque load. It is actually has two layers.
 


Here is a photo of the glazed load. It has less than the bisque load because I was in a hurry to get them finished before the craft show. One of the things I learned is that bumpy clay cannot be glazed over. You will still see the bumps. I also learned that the underglaze doesn't really look all that good without a clear glaze over it. So I'm glad I got a big bottle of the clear glaze.

 


But the last thing I learned is I can't wait to make even more stuff!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: